DisclaimerThis listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.
Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Perkins
- Model: 4-108
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 50hp
- Hand laid-up one piece solid fiberglass hull
- Original white gelcoat, brown boottop, blue bottom.
- Fiberglass with cored deck and cabin trunk.
- Shannon-designed raised diamond pattern non-skid beige and white deck.
- Varnished teak exterior trim in cockpit; natural teak toerails, handrails and bowsprit.
- Full keel with encapsulated lead ballast of 6,500 lbs.
- Cutaway forefoot, attached fiberglass rudder, propeller protected in aperture.
- Edson cable to quadrant pedestal wheel steering with brake, guard and controls.
- Self-bailing cockpit.
- 12 Bronze opening ports with screens.
- 4 Dorade vents.
- Teak Dorade boxes.
- S/S stern davits.
- Teak bow platform with double rollers.
- Double S/S rail bow and stern pulpits.
- Double lifelines using S/S wire, with port and starboard gates.
Fuel: 70 gallons in aluminum tank.
Water: 100 gallons in three S/S tanks.
Holding: 2003 poly tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Perkins 4-108 diesel, 50 hp, 4 cyl., FWC.
- 1" S/S shaft.
- 3 bladed 14x 19 RH Bronze prop.
- Perko sea strainer.
- Fully insulated engine compartment.
- Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauges.
- Verna lift muffler.
- Spur cutters on shaft.
- Excellent engine access.
- In 2000 engine was steam cleaned and new engine mounts were installed.
- New Walker Airsep.
- 6 knots @ 1800 RPM.
- 12V/110V electrical systems.
- 4-12V gelcell batteries.
- Marinetics AC-DC circuit breaker panels.
- Link 2000R Heart inverter with Xantrex regulator.
- 100 amp Powermax high output alternator.
- 6 gallon hot water heater (also off engine).
- Shore power cord.
- For five.
- Chain locker forward followed by vee berths with filler and drawers under, shelves outboard and hatch overhead.
- Next aft are two cedar-lined hanging lockers to port, and an enclosed head to starboard with Groco W.C., sink and telephone-type shower.
- There are custom teak doors to access the head from main salon and forward cabin.
- The main salon has a settee berth to port and L-settee to starboard which makes into a wide berth.
- There is one additional pilot berth to port in the main salon for use when passagemaking.
- A double leaf teak dining table is mounted just off centerline.
- Next aft to port is a chart table with seat, followed by a quarter berth, also a storage locker for foul weather gear (drying heat from engine).
- Opposite is a U-shaped galley with double S/S sinks, three burner gimballed propane Hillerange stove with oven, Seafrost engine-driven and 110V refrigeration, hot and cold pressure water, wine rack, dishes, and numerous lockers and bins. Counters are laminated butcher block.
- Engine is very accessible by removing companionway stairs.
- The interior joinerwork is solid teak with oil finish, and a varnished teak and holly sole.
- The berth cushions are a blue fabric in good condition.
- Horizon Infinity VHF.
- Horizon Loud-Hailer and fog horn.
- KVH 103 digital compass.
- Datamarine depthsounder, wind direction, and knotlog (wind speed is erratic).
- Sailor RDF (old, not used).
- Furuno Navnet Radar-GPS at helm and below on swivel.
- Raymarine ST70 autopilot.
- Fusion stereo with Bose speakers.
- Ritchie binnacle compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 751 sq. ft. sail area, ketch rigged.
- 1985 Thurston fully-battened mainsail.
- 1985 Thurston mizzen.
- 1985 Thurston 150% genoa (fair condition).
- Thurston hank-on staysail, self-tending.
- Thurston Yankee.
- Harken roller furler on genoa and yankee.
- Two Barient #27 S.T. sheet winches.
- Barient #19 self-tailing main halyard winch and sheet winch; one Barient #21 sheet winch.
- Two Barient #18 halyard winches.
- Barient #10 halyard winch.
- Quick release lever on staysail.
- Aluminum mast stepped on keel by Bay Sailing Equipment; mast has steps (spars need repainting).
- Mainsheet traveller, forward of companionway.
- S/S standing rigging replaced over original rod rigging.
- Dacron running rigging.
- Brass Harwich tide clock and barometer.
- Lewmar 12V dual action windlass.
- Switlik MOM system.
- Brass reading lights and dome lights overhead.
- Tan Dodger, 2004, by Bear Paws.
- Tan sail covers, approximately 2004.
- Teak outboard bracket.
- White cockpit cushions; white lifering.
- Radar reflector.
- Teak screens for companionway.
- Emergency tiller.
- Manuals for most equipment.
- Avon 6 person liferaft.
- 44 lb Rocna anchor.
- 20 HT Danforth with 30Â´chain and approx. 200´rode.
- Two Hawse pipes.
- 2003 Groco head with 12V macerator and new poly holding tank.
- Two LPG 10 lb bottles, needs gauge.
- Cockpit awning.
- Shower sump pump.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Electric bilge pumps.
- Pump for icebox drain.
- Back up fresh water manual pump in the galley; also a manual salt water pump in the galley.
- Life jackets.
- Three color masthead light.
- 3 fire extinguishers, boathook, horn.
- Flares, man overboard pole.
- Fenders, docklines.
COMMENTS: This Shannon 38 Ketch has had only three owners. Designed and built for offshore cruising, these fine vessels are easily handled by two, and are well known for their high quality of construction. The previous Â owners moved up to a larger Shannon, indicating their satisfaction with the Shannon product. Please call us for you inspection of SOOLOO.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.